When you are a chronic over-packer, putting your life for the next four months into a backpack is quite the task. I have been smashing things and downsizing over and over. With the help of some awesome gear, my pack remains lightweight and I have finally figured out a way to fit everything I need.
Some backpacking essentials:
- Osprey Women’s Aura 50L Pack (3 lb 2 oz)
- REI Dash 2 Lightweight 3 Season Tent (2 lb 15 oz)
- Dash 2 Footprint (8.5 oz)
- Mountain Hardware Women’s Lamina Z Flame Mummy Bag (2 lb 9 oz)
- REI Duck’s Back Rain Cover (3 oz)
- Big Agnes Q-Core SL Sleeping Pad (1 lb 2 oz)
- REI packing cubes
- Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil Drysack
- Ahnu Montara lightweight hiking boots (1 lb 14 oz)
- Chaco ZX/2 Yampa (1 lb 4 oz)
- La Sportiva Nago climbing shoes (1 lb 1 oz)
- Mont Bell Tachyon Jacket (1.4 oz)
- The North Face Venture Jacket (12 oz)
- … and a whole bunch of other irrelevant clothing items rolled in those packing cubes.
- ENO Double-nest hammock with straps
- Black Diamond headlamp
- Black Diamond Momentum Harness
- Kavu Rope Bag
- HikePro Day Pack
- Nalgene Water Bottle
- Stanley Thermos
- The Friendly Swede Micro-Fiber towels
- REI Universal Adapter
- NIte Ize S-Biner’s
- New Zealand Guidebook
- The Alchemist – Paulo Coehlo
- Rite in the Rain journal
- Eagle Creek Travel accessories
… and some other essentials that are not pictured including:
- First-Aid Kit
- Matches, tools, etc.
- Kitchen stuff
- Bug Repellent
- Bear Spray
- And more.
This whole blogging thing is a lot more time consuming than I realized so cut me some slack.
If you have any questions about the gear I am using feel free to ask. After my trip is completed I will post reviews for each of these items!